Thursday, December 23, 2010

English as second language and our society mentality

Educator in Malaysia,mostly those who teach English in IPT will discovered a problem that should be overcome in short term that is most of the students in Malaysia can write English but can’t speak fluently. Me,myself as a student in Malaysia also encounter with this problem. I think this occurs due to the lack of interaction that were done with people around me in English. English is my second language and in my house,it is very rarely to see people using it. We all speak on our mothertongue language. It just like in our blood. It flows thru our tongue very fluently. In my circle of friends,we never use English orally. We use it frequently but it was only on the net. I think,mentality of our society that should change. Yeah,i admit that this was like a joke because changing the society mentality is like a major brainwash event. You can’t expect that when it was done,all the people are changed. There are still some of them that remains the same. Some people can changed in a drastic way but some are not.

Different people,different way of accepting something. Im sorry if this post hurts others feelings but it what in my mind and i want to share it with people. Maybe this looks like a awareness post about something but i just cant imagine how the future will be if things just keep on going like usual. The world are changing and we also must change,friend. If you want t share something with me,just drop it at the comments box. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment